Sunday, June 12, 2011

RAM, EA and IPPT

{EAV_BLOG_VER:0f5e391bef10a07d}
Last week, I went ahead and got myself an extra 2GB of RAM from Sim Lim Square. I wasn't able to find the low-profile version of the RAM I was looking for, but I decided to just get the normal one.






I've been trying out  video editing on programs like Premiere Pro and After Effects, and I have to say, it feels so much better with the extra memory. I'm just happy my computer doesn't lag as much before when I had to encode videos and get errors messages about low virtual memory and the like.

In other news, I've finally jumped into Empire Avenue. It's basically a virtual "game" where you can  invest  in people or brands and you get rewarded with virtual currency. The community is what makes this a totally interactive experience, and people have to be consistent in being active not only on Empire Avenue, but also on their respective social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Blogger, Youtube). Why? Because the more active you are on your social networks, the more rewards you'll get, and it will also make your portfolio seem valuable for others to invest in, so to speak. Pretty interesting facets at work here.

Last night, I finally booked my IPPT. It's just one of those things that I have to clear, and I don't really have a choice. Hopefully, all goes well on the 25th. 

And then, about a few hours later after booking it, I saw this:

Yes. I'm scared.

No comments: