Sunday, December 19, 2004

The T Syndrome


I have always been a victim of this strange but common phenomenon that everyone else experiences- the one that I have deliberately labelled " The T Syndrome". In this case, this syndrome has latched onto me like a leech for the past hours that have gone by today. Even now, I can sense its presence as something like an ghost playing hide-and-seek. This syndrome has made me lose focus on things. It started this morning @ 7.30 am, when I reported at school for my usual CCA practice. Having games like badminton, soccer and basketball before practice always served as an added bonus for attending the practices. My niche is in playing badminton. Atleast I thought I was, until I got thrashed by the juniors today. As an added reward for my poor playing, I sustained an overstretched arm. Ohh the agony! [ just being sarcastic here :) ]. Then , on the way home, the bus i usually took took a different route! Imagine my surprise when I ended up at Kallang Sea Sports Club (which is quite a LONG WAY from home). Then the ardous journey began as I, the guy who just realised that he boarded the wrong bus, started on the way home. There were a couple of times when I heard loud screeching noises along the rugged road, fearing that maybe some vehicles had gotten into an accident.

-----------------------> 1 and a 1/2 hrs later....

I was parched. I began to succumm to the T syndrome as my mind began to wander and my legs started to protest by not co-operating. The glaring sun was too much for me as I seldom get into situations like this, but when I do, it's intentional. Thus I was totally unprepared for what Mother Nature had in store for me. Luckily it didn't rain, otherwise I would have been as wet as bulldog spit. After "trekking" for so long, familiar sights came into view. I had made it! Instantly, I raced towards that familiar bus-stop (the one at Kallang MRT, infront of good 'ol Macdonald's) and boarded the correct bus. Reaching home, you would think my troubles were over. That I had finally won the long fought battle against the T syndrome. I thought so too....

-----------------------> While chatting with friends on MSN, and fragging mates on Quake3..

"Tis' the season of giving! Tis' the season to be jolly! Merry Christmas!"
That's what good 'ol Saint Nick (a.k.a. Santa Claus) says every christmas. I'm guessing that the T syndrome decided to live it up during this "season of giving", by giving it's host ( me) a whopping headache!!! What's worse is that it doesn't seem to be going away...(Syndrome: 1 point, poor Blogger: a big zero). Well, looks like I got my Christmas present early(even though I don't celebrate Christmas), and I'm just going to hope for the best. So to all my fellow bloggers and you the reader, "Have a Merry Christmas! Cause you only get to be merry once!".

Your's Truly,
A VERY Grumpy Santa

* In case you're wondering, the "T" in the T syndrome stands for troubling. The author is now seeking medical attention for his headache, and is currently looking for a lawyer to address his brutal treatment by the T syndrome in court. He also wants Santa Claus to be his witness at the trial. Posted by Hello

No comments: