Friday, April 01, 2011

Alarm Clocks and Checklists

Finally, this week comes to an end.

After finishing four presentations, along with having to finish some drawing assignments, it's time to get a breather.

Sleeping everyday at 3am: Check.
Falling asleep on the train ride to school: Check.
Falling asleep on the train ride back home, and missing my stop: Check.

Almost ended up dozing off while standing in the bus. While standing. Who knows how I managed to avoid hitting myself on the poles while my knees started wobbling from the dizzying sleepyness. Or maybe I did hit myself against the poles, but I was too zoned out to realise it.

If there's one thing I can never understand, is how I'm able to force myself out of bed in the morning to silence the ringing of the alarm clock, before promptly flopping back down into zzzz land for another hour or so before getting yanked out of bed.

I remember once, I took the extra effort to remove the alarm clock batteries and hid them under my pillow before sleeping again, so that when my mum came back into the room to turn  the alarm on again, the sound wouldn't go off.

And then there were the times when the alarm didn't go off because the batteries died, and the only thing left to do, was this:

Image grabbed via gogaminggiant.com
"An alarm clock is a device that wakes you up just in time to go back to sleep." - Anonymous

How true, and how oh so very evil.

No comments: