Friday, February 24, 2006

Déjà Vu : Hey! this is too familiar to be familiar....

The following information is an extract from this website: href="http://people.howstuffworks.com/question657.htm">

The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all. Say, for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before. Or maybe you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic.

The phenomenon is rather complex, and there are many different theories as to why déjà vu happens. Swiss scholar Arthur Funkhouser suggests that there are several "déjà experiences" and asserts that in order to better study the phenomenon, the nuances between the experiences need to be noted. In the examples mentioned above, Funkhouser would describe the first incidence as déjà visité ("already visited") and the second as déjà vecu ("already experienced or lived through").

-----------> Hmm this was an interesting find on the net. Atleast it kept me thinking for awhile though. Sometimes when I wake up, for ome reason my mind would start telling me that I've already lived through today before. As weird as this may sound, most of the time, I'm able to predict what happens next during the day, with varying degrees of accuracy. If those of you who had watched this movie called" Groundhog Day" , I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Just imagine how one would feel to live thorugh a whole day over and over again...man that would just drive me nuts. Of course, living through a day again and deja vu are two diffrent things entirely...or do they have some connection? Alrtie, this blabber aside, I wonder whether after looking at this photograph, I've experienced déjà visité or déjà vecu or both...

No doubt this is edited, because I can't find any possible or logical explannation of how the photographer took this is one shot...it's two shots extended and inverted over.

No comments: