Monday, August 11, 2008

Awake!

Well, well, well! It must have been eons since I last posted anything at all here. Quite a bit has happened since, with the main part being my enlistment into National Service (NS). Actually, now that I come to think of it, NS IS the one and only major thing that has happened since! Training had been tough, and I still can vividly recall myself wrecked with premonitions of fear and ...well...more fear!? Luckily that lasted for only a few days, with myself becoming pitted against all the stuff that everyone else has to go through. Being punctual every time for falling-in, ensuring our bunks were spotless during area cleaning, coming to terms with the quality of food, along with enduring training was just the beginning of a list of much more regimentation to come. Well, after having gone through those over the course of 7 months, I would say it had helped in one way or another. Be it taking pride in what you do, to taking responsibility, or to even merely doing what you are told to do properly, the hard work put in would start to pay off in the long run.

Nowadays, with the little time I have left to spend at home when not in camp, I usually spend it on precious hours of sleep. It's unbelievable how I just can't stay up late anymore like I used to. It must be due to the strict lights-off timing discipline enforced many times in NS. Atleast now my mum need not worry about me sleeping late anytime soon.

No comments: